freetds - [freetds] php4/freetds on debian woody

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Miller, Ben" <bmiller AT guruconsult.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] php4/freetds on debian woody
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:25:48 -0500

Hi guys, webpage pointed me here for support so here goes:

got an mssql box i need to access through php4. I'm having a hard time
finding configuration information on this. I get the impression that the
debian packages I used for php4 / php4-sybase / freetds dont quite mesh.

I setup freetds.conf and am able to connect to the database w/ sqsh however
php4 generates:

Warning: Sybase: Unable to connect in /home/www/html/db/inc/test.php on line 5

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid Sybase-Link resource in
/home/www/html/db/inc/test.php on line 7

The php package was setup with: --with-sybase-ct=shared,/usr

freetds is in /usr/share/freetds, libs in /usr/lib

I do have to specify -I /etc/freetds/freetds.conf with sqsh, I assume I have
to get php to see this as well but its not apparent how to do this.

tia!

Ben