freetds - RE: [freetds] Thanks to Patrick and Freddy, but still some sugges tion for Freddy, Patrick and those who can't make iODBC and FreeTDS work together.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Thanks to Patrick and Freddy, but still some sugges tion for Freddy, Patrick and those who can't make iODBC and FreeTDS work together.
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:44:39 -0500

Clarification. Ou is referring to the cvs revision number of
src/odbc/odbc.c, the value of that file's "software_version" variable. The
file was updated a few hours ago.

Today's changes, including Patrick's patch, will appear in tonight's
snapshot, approximately 4:00 AM EST.

> 4. For Freddy and other guys
> Even after I have a connection to the MSSQL 2K database
> on a Windows 2K
> machine, still I have some problem when fetching data, I do
> can fetch some
> data, but seems as if I met a problem when I am fetching a big string.
> If anybody met the same problem as me, could you please
> post your problem onto the mailing list.

Ou, what do mean by "big string"?

varchar data are limited to 8000 bytes.

text data are limited by "textsize". Cf.
http://www.freetds.org/faq.html#textdata and the User Guide.

out such orders and/or instructions.

  • RE: [freetds] Thanks to Patrick and Freddy, but still some sugges tion for Freddy, Patrick and those who can't make iODBC and FreeTDS work together., Lowden, James K, 12/18/2002