freetds - Re: [freetds] how do I get the very latest version of freetds?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Patrick van Kleef <pkleef AT openlinksw.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] how do I get the very latest version of freetds?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:44:50 +0100

Hi Tim,

> I'm one of the people having trouble getting freetds and iODBC to work
> together. I applied the patch to iODBC and went to the freetds website and
> selected "current snapshot" from the downloads section. I applied the
> freetds patch as well.

You may need to wait until the next snapshot. I tested with the version
of FreeTDS that is currently in CVS which is the most up-to-date.

> Now when I run odbctest I get a Segmentation Fault (coredump). yipes!
> If if run tsql, I can query the database.

Attached is a second patch to iODBC which may help. Ou Liu found a
small problem which could lead to a core dump. Please check if this helps.

> Ou mentioned a version of freetds greater than 1.102, is that accurate? I
> see version 0.6

Ou was talking about the version number of the odbc.c source file within
FreeTDS. This number is increased each time the source file gets committed
into CVS. The version number 0.6 you are seeing is the version of the
driver which is updated by the maintainers of FreeTDS.

Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick van Kleef Email : iodbc AT openlinksw.com
Maintainer iODBC Web : http://www.iodbc.org/
OpenLink Software

Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers