freetds - Re: [freetds] Driver's SQLAllocEnv() failed - libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Driver's SQLAllocEnv() failed - libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:59:23 -0500

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:50:30 -0700, "Chris McDaniel"
<Chris.McDaniel AT telus.com> wrote:

> freddy77 - you mentioned posting log code - I'm vew to freetds, so
> indulge my ignorant question - how do I enable/find log code?

Frediano refers to setting the TDSDUMP environment variable to a file
name. Your whole FreeTDS session will be written to the log. See the
User Guide ("Logging") for details.

Your freetds.conf, below, indicates a dump (log) file "/tmp/freetds.log".
That's the same thing. Mind, you're writing session passwords to a
world-readable directory.

> Last question, yet another ignorant one I think -
> Can I call shared procedures in the SQL Server using freetds as the
> driver?

"Stored procedures", I think you mean. Yes. What's called "dynamic SQL"
-- using placeholders to pass parameters -- is quite rough right now, but
calling stored procedures the usual way (execute procname
@param1='value1', @param2='value2') works fine.

> I'm adding my new ini/conf files below, based on your comments and a
> review of the docs.

Are you connecting, then?

Regards,

--jkl