freetds - [freetds] a few ctlib issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] a few ctlib issues
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:38:07 -0500

Ok, I'm ready to dive back into the freetds code as I'm ready to port my working Sybase code to use FreeTDS and ctlib to talk with MS SQL Server.

On my first attempts, I've run into two issues.

1) setting the character set to convert to via cs_local and the locale set in the context via cs_config doesn't work.

2) My code hangs when attempting a ct_cancel after getting while trying to perform an invalid query. The problem seems to be ct_cancel calls ct_fetch which calls ct_peek, but there is nothing left to come from the server. This is incorrect, as in some cases it should be sending a cancel request to the server and I don't think it should be attempting a fetch if it knows there is no data left to come.

I'm planning on digging into the second problem, but the first one seems to be a larger issue of implementing the cs_ routines. Has anyone looked into what's involved in implementing this?

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin