freetds - RE: [freetds] ct-lib Documentation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ct-lib Documentation
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:13:02 -0500

Bruce,

I see. I took you literally when you said, "getting a single row (actually
two output variables)". Your example above is really 2 queries: "exec
test_feeder..." and "select @case_id...". The latter returns an ordinary
result set. Nothing tricky about that, all the APIs can do it.

> It sounds as if db-lib is the API that I should be using
> rather than the ct-lib API????

No. db-lib has the rpc functions that let you read the output parameters
without a subseqent select statement, but you don't need that feature.
(Although you use it, if you wanted to.) ct-lib will do you fine. As you
like. You might want to look in src/ctlib/unittests for examples.

Any luck on the bus error? I live in New York, where there's talk of a
transit strike. That would be a bus error of another order.

Regards,

out such orders and/or instructions.