freetds - [freetds] Perl Binary Columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stephen More <mores AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Perl Binary Columns
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:09:18 -0800 (PST)

I am having trouble with binary columns....

I have attached a perl script that reads in the freetds logo, then inserts
into MSSQL70 Database.

Here is my output:

bash-2.03$ ./debug.pl
Length of Logo: 5442 at ./debug.pl line 28, <LOGO> line 39.
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.

In order for the insert to work I had to remove all NULLS and quote the
quotes.
DB: MS SQL Server 7.0
Solaris 2.8
perl, v5.6.1
DBD-Sybase-0.94
DBI-1.30
freetds-0.60

Would it be possible for someone to make this example work, then perhaps add
it to:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x1488.htm

-Thanks
Stephen More