freetds - [freetds] Late Binding and [FLAME] Why sending unsubscribe to a list is a bad idea

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jason Luros <jluros AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Late Binding and [FLAME] Why sending unsubscribe to a list is a bad idea
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:27:44 -0800

I have a real question, followed by the flame.

When is late parameter binding (I.E. Setting output parameters on a stored
procedure) going to be supported in the FreeTDS/DBI-ODBC architecture? Is
this a problem for FreeTDS or DBI-ODBC? It would seem to me that it is a
problem with FreeTDS, because you can do late binding on DBI connections to
Oracle databases.

And now, the flame:
People, as if you don't already know this:
Don't send an unsubscribe request to a mailing list unless you are both a
sadist and a masochist, because:
1. It will most likely not accomplish what you desire.
2. It will make you look bad in front of your peers.
3. It will decrease the value of the list as a whole.