freetds - Re: Perl TDS bind_param prepare_cached MSSQL SAX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Perl TDS bind_param prepare_cached MSSQL SAX
  • Date: 08 Nov 2002 07:59:10 -0800

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 02:07, warren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using using DBD::FreeTDS 2.0 to do the dbi update, I notice the
> prepare_cached and bind are not implemented are these easy to do? I have
> been looking at the source and the appropiate calls to make to the lib..

DBD::FreeTDS is completely obsolete - which is why you couldn't find it
on CPAN.

Instead you should use DBD::Sybase built against the FreeTDS libraries.

This will give you the best possible support for access to an MS-SQL
server from a non-MS system outside of purchasing commercial ODBC
drivers (if they exist).

Michael
--
Michael Peppler / mpeppler AT peppler.org / http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler