freetds - compile problems and warnings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: freetds mailing list <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: compile problems and warnings
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 21:36:53 -0500

I'm working on updating my code to use the current version of freetds and here are a few issues I saw with getting a straight compile working.

Both tds/token.c and tds/mem.c define align_struct symbols, which breaks freetds on Mac OS X where duplicate symbol names are not allowed. Defining one of them to be extern solves the problem.

freddy, any particular reason you didn't do this? Would adding the extern cause a problem for other platforms?

Also, bcp.c shows the following warnings:
bcp.c: In function `_bcp_exec_in':
bcp.c:1311: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
bcp.c: In function `_bcp_send_colmetadata':
bcp.c:1766: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type

The only other warning was about const-ness, but I know there have been discussions about fixing that.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin