freetds - Re: const

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: const
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:57:57 -0500

Good...glad you agree. Hopefully nobody else will object and I can go ahead
with this soon.

By the way, your change to dblib.c is not really appropriate. It does not
really correct these warnings, it just hides them a little bit better. If
you use "-Wcast-qual" you will still receive a warning. The correct fix is
to go ahead with my suggestion and add "const" in the appropriate places in
the public interfaces, so that these items are passed consistently between
all functions as const.

Cheers,
--nick