freetds - RE: FreeTDS, RogueWave SourcePro DB Sybase Module

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Suraj K. Rai" <surajrai AT mac.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>, "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • Subject: RE: FreeTDS, RogueWave SourcePro DB Sybase Module
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:15:16 +0900

Quoting "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>:

> As I understand it, It's going to be difficult to "build" the roguewave
> SourcePro DB Sybase module with FreeTDS, as the Roguewave Modules are not
> distributed as source code. If they were, there would *probably* be no
> problem with compiling them against the FreeTDS headers and libraries.

RogueWave SourcePro modules are distributed as source code and it needs to be
built using RogueWave's java-based "rcb" build tool. The problem however is
that the latest version of Source Pro DB specifically requires the Sybase 12.0
(or 12.5) version of CT Library which seems to be incompatible with the
FreeTDS
(0.6) implementation. I was just wondering if anybody had fiddled around with
this or was aware of this.

S.r.