freetds - format attribut never initialised in CS_DATAFMT.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: david.sagnol AT sophia.inria.fr
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: format attribut never initialised in CS_DATAFMT.
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:26:09 -0400

I have a problem with 'format' attribut of CS_DATAFMT. It has sometimes
strange value...

I kickly check the source code of freetds 0.6, and I was unable to find a
locatation where this attribut is set. The only line I found is in ct.c in
_ct_bind_data:
destfmt.format = curcol->column_bindfmt;

The problem is that curcool->column_bindfmt is set in ct_bind() using:
colinfo->column_bindfmt = datafmt->format;

And in this case, datafmt->format has never been initialised.
A quick hack is to set 'format' to 0 when I create a variable of
CS_DATAFMT type.