freetds - Re: Configuration problem?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bj�rn Lantz" <bjorn.lantz AT twoguysandadog.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Configuration problem?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:37:03 -0400

I changed my config to --sysconfdir=/etc/ and sqsh works fine, but tsql
segfaults without reason, and php generates this:

src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 127.0.0.1:0: Connection refused

When odbc-connecting (php->unixodbc->freetds) an strace gives me that it
does not any longer try to access /etc/freetds.conf. As a matter of fact
it does not try to open ANY freetds.conf and it seems that it is trying to
do a normal DNS lookup on the server name. The DNS lookup fails and it
defaults (?) to 127.0.0.1.