freetds - Configuration problem?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bj�rn Lantz" <bjorn.lantz AT twoguysandadog.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Configuration problem?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 04:20:50 -0400

Hi,

Just downloaded the nightly snapshot and compiled it. I use it with php
and unixodbc.

When I had the clean 0.60 it worked (with php/unixodbc:s bad behaviour),
but when I tried the nightly snapshot it does not even connect to the
server.

I am not a debugging guru in Linux, but I tried "strace" wich gave me some
leads. I found lines containing a bad path like:

open("/etcfreetds.conf", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

and

open("/etclocales.conf", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

What happened to the '/' after '/etc'? Is it my mistake or a bug in the
current snapshot?

I config:ed like this:

i386-redhat-linux \
--prefix=/usr \