freetds - Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails us ing FreeTDS.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Need help with DBD::Sybase 'make test' fails us ing FreeTDS.
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:07:27 -0400

FreeTDS does not support "dynamic sql" at this time. Our Italian Office is
said to be making progress, however. I hope we'll be able to include it in
the next release, before year end.

I never programmed with ct-lib, so I can't speak with any authority, but
from looking at the code....

> DBD::Sybase also uses the ct_command(CS_RPC_CMD) and ct_param() calls,
> and I don't know if these are properly supported yet.

The ct_command comment says:

/* FIX ME -- will only work for type CS_LANG_CMD */

The ct_param function doesn't mention or make obvious any limitations.
Can't say more.

> And thirdly DBD::Sybase gives access to the ct_get/send_data()
> primitives (to read/write BLOB data in chunks). Again I don't know if
> these are supported by FreeTDS.

These are not implemented. They return success but do nothing.

In sum, I would not be surprised if any of these failed.

--jkl

P.S. Michael, I guess we can consider that your wishlist, eh?

out such orders and/or instructions.