freetds - Re: libtoolize mai tai time

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: libtoolize mai tai time
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:45:12 -0400

Just guessing here...probably their HEAD follows a linear progression 1.4 ->
1.4a -> 1.4b and so on, with the letter indicating a particular snapshot
point in the development process. Then the release branchpoint at 1.4 goes
1.4 -> 1.4.1 -> 1.4.2 to indicate bug fixes pulled up and distributed from
the release branch. This is a fairly common way to handle development vs.
release numbering in open source projects.

Cheers,
--nick