freetds - Re: TDSFREE on HPUX--- " There is not enough memor y available now"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: TDSFREE on HPUX--- " There is not enough memor y available now"
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:03:49 -0400

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:17:49 -0700, "VenkatKanneboina AT ca.slr.com"
<VenkatKanneboina AT ca.slr.com> wrote:
> Mark,
>
> My Sys admin did exactly the same thing (of changing 18 to 17....great
> coincidence).

I bet your sysadmin has tried to use libtool on HP-UX before, eh? ;)

> After that, I am getting an error:
>
> threadsafe.c:94:2: #error gethostbyname_r style unknown

You shouldn't be trying to use gethostbyname_r unless you configured "
--enable-threadsafe".

Do you really want multithreading? I think you're the first on your OS!
If so, can you tell us the full path to the file that declares
gethostbyname_r? Also the prototype for it in that file.

You're probably already looking at acinclude.m4, where the configure tests
are located. This is very new stuff and -- as you can see from the fact
that most of acinclude.m4 is devoted to it -- not particularly
straightforward.

Regards,