freetds - RE: tds_config.h.in

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: tds_config.h.in
  • Date: 12 Oct 2002 09:52:05 +0200

Il sab, 2002-10-12 alle 01:50, Castellano, Nicholas ha scritto:
> I spent my entire two-hour train ride home tonight having second thoughts
> about this.
>
> We need to keep elements required at library build time separate from
> elements required at library use time.
>
> To implement that, I will do the following:
>
> - All autoconf-generated or human-ported system dependencies will be
> localized in two header files, tds_sysdep_private.h[.in] and
> tds_sysdep_public.h[.in]. Only the latter will be installed by "make
> install."
>
> - tds_configs.h will revert back to its original purpose of only specifying
> configuration file locations. It will use macro concatenation to add the
> configured FREETDS_SYSCONFDIR from tds_sysdep_private onto each pathname.
>
> - tds.h will unconditionally include tds_sysdep_public.h. It will include
> tds_sysdep_private.h only if _FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE is defined.
>
> - The TDS_* typenames will be moved back to tds.h.
>
> This gives us the cleanliness that's needed to do this properly, and people
> doing manual ports will only need to provide preconfigured versions of these
> two headers.
>
> If you dislike this idea, speak soon or forever hold your peace...
>
> Cheers,

Why not put all not distributable info in config.h ?

I added these lines to configure.in (not committed)

freetds_confdir=`echo "$sysconfdir" | sed "s:\\${prefix}:$prefix:"`
freetds_confdir=`echo "$freetds_confdir" | sed
"s:^NONE:$ac_default_prefix:"`
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED([FREETDS_SYSCONFDIR], ["$freetds_confdir"],
[Configuration path.])

So, config.h, as usual for not private things and tds_configs.h for
public things.