freetds - Initialization function SQLAllocConnect not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Grieve, Shane (TIFPC)" <SGrieve AT templeinland.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Initialization function SQLAllocConnect not found
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:10:58 -0500

Can anyone please shed some light on this error, I apologize for reposting
but I really need to get some direction on this soon.

Initialization function SQLAllocConnect not found

Thanks in Advance for the help

Shane Grieve
Unix Systems Administrator, Server Services
Temple Inland Forest Products
Sgrieve AT templeinland.com

I am trying to use freetds with Oracles Homogeneous server to connect to a
remote MS SQL 6.5 database. I can connect with ISQL but when I try to
connect with Oracle or ODBCtest I get the following error.

select count(*) from hottestproperty AT CLARORG.test;

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]DRV_InitTdp: DB_ODBC_INTERFACE(6);
Initialization function SQLAllocConnect not found
DB_ODBC_INTERFACE(7); Cannot connect to shareable
/usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so. Using dummy functions
ORA-02063: preceding 3 lines from CLARORG

The OS in Solaris 8 64bit and Oracle 9I

Thanks in Advance

Shane Grieve
Unix Systems Administrator, Server Services
Temple Inland Forest Products
Sgrieve AT templeinland.com
Shane Grieve
Unix Systems Administrator, Server Services
Temple Inland Forest Products
(936) 829 7471
Sgrieve AT templeinland.com