freetds - RE: Bug found?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Castellano, Nicholas" <Nicholas_Castellano AT acml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Bug found?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:48:57 -0400

dblib is a "Sybase" API. We implement Sybase's API in FreeTDS. I'm not
sure what you mean by "But we are not using any SyBase libraries or
functions at all." If you are using the DB-Library API, then you are using
libraries and functions whose functionality are defined by Sybase (and also
by Microsoft).

None of this has anything to do with ctlib. I'm not sure why you mention
ctlib at all.

Actually, the page you quoted says:

"In any other case, this value is considered an error and is treated as an
INT_CANCEL."

So there is a difference in Sybase's specification versus Microsoft's.

Perhaps the FreeTDS behavior should depend on whether or not
"--enable-msdblib" is used at configure time. Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers,
--nick