freetds - "compute" data in TDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: "compute" data in TDS
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:06:59 -0400

Hi all,

I've pretty much got the compute data wire protocol implemented, at least
for TDS 7 & 8. I'm also pretty close to finishing the dblib functions that
go along with it. I think I've worked out what the slight differences are
with TDS 5, but I'd like to confirm.

Are we safe to look at that TDS 5 spec ? I think I missed out on the tail
of that discussion.

I'm going to finish this in the next couple of days. JKL - should I send
you my mods in the (my) normal way ?

Glad to hear Brians good news, and good to see a picture, too. Perhaps we
should add some to the codesmyths/contributers page...or then again,
perhaps not!

Bill