freetds - RE: ibilio organization

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: ibilio organization
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:53:51 +0200

> Brian, I think we should divide the ibiblio directory into three:
>
> 1. old releases and such into "pre-columbian-art" or something.
> 2. current release (0.60) & rpms in "stable".
> 3. snapshot, prex, rcx, etc. in "development".
>
> That way, we could point people to our ftp directory without
> overwhelming
> them.

Good.

> Also, I'd like to rejigger the nightly snapshot to do "make
> dist" and maybe
> even "make rpm" ?! eventually. Any suggestions?

No, dream happily this night :)

Some problem (all small, I hope) are raised:
- tru64 with --enable-threadsafe compile but core (gethostbyname_r have 5
parameter but different order from our calls, but tru64 have threadsafe
gethostbyname...). For test if system is a tru64 use
#if defined (__digital__) && defined (__unix__)
- irix seem to return 255.255.255.255 address (why INADDR_NONE?? seem
inet_addr() return INADDR_NONE but test if inet_addr() != INADDR_NONE
fail... perhaps it do not return a number but a structure...)
- Sybase 12.5 w/ tds 4.2 dump (server)
- sql7 w/ tds 4.2 dump (server)
- php 4.2.3 seem to not return bit fields with tds7/8 (tsql work well even
with NULL bit)

rpm are just an improve, I compiled it from 0.60 release with no problem at
all.. perhaps a 0.60.1 or something similar...

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."