freetds - Re: rpm

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: rpm
  • Date: 09 Sep 2002 16:16:07 +0200

Il lun, 2002-09-09 alle 14:17, Brian Bruns ha scritto:
> Sending offline. There was some discussion of whether we should have
> separate -devel and core packages or not. I believe the concensus was
> that since freetds doesn't do much without the -devel packages we should
> do the whole thing in one package. open for discussion i guess.

I think production machine should not have compiler installed.
So, compile in another machine, test in it, then install binary on
production...
Also, odbc stuff require unixODBC/iODBC installed, we should separate
this, so we have 3 package:
- freetds-0.60-1
- freetds-odbc-0.60-1
- freetds-devel-0.60-1

Also I think all note and changes should go to CVS and ChangeLog.
If you agree I'd add freetds.spec.in directly from your mail...

> I also have a spec file for sqsh so we can package sqsh for freetds for
> those people who want rpms.
>
> Brian

freddy77

  • rpm, Frediano Ziglio, 09/09/2002