freetds - "INSERT INTO" won't work but no error message is sent back.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thomas Noetges" <thomas.noetges AT web.de>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: "INSERT INTO" won't work but no error message is sent back.
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:33:52 -0400

Hi out there,

using FreeTDS with DBI, DBD and all this (Perl), I try (and in some cases
succeeded) to connenct to a MS SQL-Server (2000). "SELECT * FROM ..."
works fine.

When I try to insert something in an existing table "INSERT INTO
tblSomeTable (fldID, fld01, ...) VALUE (1, 'Test', ...)" everything's
fine, too. At first sight... When I look at the table, NOTHING was
inserted also I did no get any error-message. When corrupting the "INSERT
INTO ..." command (e.g. "INSRT NTO ...") an error occurs!

Can anyone enlighten me, what might be wrong. Perhaps somethings with
User-Right or something like that? But why does MS SQL-Server not send an
error?

I user Etherreal ("Port-Sniffer") to look what reaches the MS SQL-Server.
An "INSERT INTO ..." is received (I also knew before because of the
corrupting-thing, described above).

For all tips much thanx in advance.

Kind regards

Thomas Nötges

  • "INSERT INTO" won't work but no error message is sent back., Thomas Noetges, 09/06/2002