freetds - RE: 0.60pre3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: 0.60pre3
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:38:15 +0200

> No worries, Frediano. The "pre" releases aren't really meant
> for a wide
> audience. If people here install and use it, we'll go to a release
> candidate and then a true release. The real release will be
> announced to
> the world, have no doubt!

Ok, ok.
It seem that there are always new problems :(

> We have to fix the 0x0f problem and double check the

Anyone as a test that fail? Even php code is good.
Perhaps we should add a TDS_CANCELLING state in tds.h.in and work with this
(so in read.c we can skip invalid packets)...

> documentation, and
> make sure the tarball installs and works in as many
> architectures as we

Good! I'd like to see a test with TDS7 and big endian machines...
But I have access only to sf compile farm for access a big endian machines
and I can't connect to everything from these machines...

If someone have no Intel/Linux machine... test are welcome. We should update
table on UG too (I suggest to add a last update column on this table)

> can find willing testers for. Also, do you think we can fix
> uniqueidentifier?

uniqueidentifier is mainly a problem of DBD::Sybase (real Sybase server do
not support uniqueid so DBD::Sybase do not handle this...). Mainly but not
only. Simply because FreeTDS do not return error fetching if an error is
detected on binding (already detected as error and marked with a FIXME in
ct.c).

Should we correct this error ?

> I'm hoping we can fix those two things and have a real release out the
> door next week.

Me too

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."