freetds - RE: 0.60pre3

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it
  • Subject: RE: 0.60pre3
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 04:05:18 -0400

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:55:36 +0200, "ZIGLIO Frediano"
<Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it> wrote:

> But I don't like the publication... only a message on ML and a file on
> ftp... no news on web, no file on web...
> I think that many people use FreeTDS but do not see all work we are
> doing...

No worries, Frediano. The "pre" releases aren't really meant for a wide
audience. If people here install and use it, we'll go to a release
candidate and then a true release. The real release will be announced to
the world, have no doubt!

We have to fix the 0x0f problem and double check the documentation, and
make sure the tarball installs and works in as many architectures as we
can find willing testers for. Also, do you think we can fix
uniqueidentifier?

I'm hoping we can fix those two things and have a real release out the
door next week.

Best regards,