freetds - RE: MSSQL dblib functions defined but no implementation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: MSSQL dblib functions defined but no implementation
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:34:02 -0400 (EDT)

These don't look that hard to do, as we are mostly there already. I
wrote a unittest and the start of some code to implement these, and
hopefully can find some time to finish it tommorow. My one concern is
that there is no "row buffer" for parameters like there are for regrows,
so we need to copy the data somewhere for dbretdata() to fetch it, and I
haven't found any approach that I like yet. The rest of the functions
are trivial as they just need to copy from the existing tds->param_info
structure and viola!

Brian