freetds - Re: MSSQL dblib functions defined but no implementation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL dblib functions defined but no implementation
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:26:31 -0400

Well, the good news is that all the protocol stuff to support these is
done (see function tds_process_param_result). The bad news is that there
is no code to glue this data to the functions in dblib.

Indeed, it seems this used to work, there's a param_info in the TDSSOCKET
structure, there are alloc/dealloc routines in mem.c, and the
free_all_results function calls it. What is missing is the code in
tds_process_param_result to allocate and copy the data off the wire.
Anybody know what happened to this?

Brian