freetds - RE: Getting to work with Free TDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Getting to work with Free TDS
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:46:37 +0100

Rajani,

FreeTDS version 5.0 ?

Do you mean 0.53 ?

I would probably get the "latest snapshot" rather than version 0.53.
Although this is pre-release, in most aspects it is as stable as 0.53, and
offers better support for SQL 2000.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem getting things working.

Which hardware/OS platform are you trying to compile freetds on ?

Which API are you planning to use ? ODBC ? dblib ? ctlib ?

Bill