freetds - RE: asprintf vasprintf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: asprintf vasprintf
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:28:01 +0200

> I don't like that implementation. It tries to reinvent the
> wheel, and won't
> behave quite the same as the native stdio calls on any given
> platform. In
> particular, its handling of floating point numbers makes me
> really nervous.
>
> Here is my new patch. It's kind of a cheap trick but it gets
> the job done.
> If you're really worried about complexity, we could use this
> new approach to
> replace the non-threadsafe version too.
>
> It could be made slightly more efficient and robust by not opening and
> closing the filehandle each time. I'm not going to worry
> about that right
> now, until there's a consensus that this is the way to go
> (there's no point
> in putting more effort into this if somebody decides to use
> Powell's version
> despite my concerns). If this change is accepted and
> committed, then I'll
> go ahead with that.

I'll apply this patch.
Is similar to glib implementation.

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."