freetds - Re: element of style

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: element of style
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:00:45 -0400 (EDT)

On 24 Aug 2002, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> Il sab, 2002-08-24 alle 18:09, Chris Eleveld ha scritto:
> >
> > I would personally reccomend keepign the strange
> > decimal numbers as we may need to change the hex
> > numbers based on the endianness of the platform we are
> > building on.
> >
> No, compiler do the right stuff for us.
>
> 0x8000 represent always 32768
>
> freddy77

Perhaps Chris meant that if the value is from the stream than it could
well be mismatched. I can't think of any examples where we directly
compare returned values to constants, maybe in the new datetime
routines...Remember TDS7 is always little endian and bigend platforms
just have to deal with that.

Brian