freetds - Re: Development of freetds/jdbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Development of freetds/jdbc
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:20:32 -0400

I'm sure some of the JDBC folks will pop up here but allow me to give some
history. The original author of FreeTDS/JDBC is no longer actively
maintaining it, a large body of patches had built up which remained
uncommited, so the decision was made to fork the source and continue on
under the jTDS name.
AFAIK, the FreeTDS/JDBC driver has not been updated in some time. The
traffic on the jTDS list seems pretty light, so I'm not sure how it's
going (maybe they are done ;-)

Brian