freetds - Re: Ok, I know I heard about memo fields before...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ok, I know I heard about memo fields before...
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

By memo fields, I presume you mean the 'text' datatype which several MS
products (most notably Access) refer to incorrectly. If so just set the
'text size' option in the freetds.conf file to something reasonable or
issue the query 'set textsize xxx' where xxx is some reasonable size in
bytesy.

Brian