freetds - RE: freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol versi on 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol versi on 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:16:22 +0100

Sunjit,

Freetds implements TDS 4.2, TDS 5.0 (sybase only) , TDS 7.0 (MS SQL server
7), and TDS 8.0 (SQL Server 2000).

The last stable release of Freetds is 0.53, which has a tried and trusted
TDS 7.0 implementation. This should get you around the first of your issues,
but not the second. The GUID issue we have only recently added, and it is
available in the latest snapshot. This snapshot is, however, still
undergoing testing - but feel free to join in!

regards,

Bill

  • RE: freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol versi on 7.0, Thompson, Bill D (London), 08/06/2002