freetds - freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol version 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sunjit" <sunjit AT lycos.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol version 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:06:32 -0400

Hi Folks:
I believe the freetds driver which is available for download
implements Tds protocol version 4.2. I have been testing it with MSSQL
server version 7 and 2000. I think the recommended protocol version for
these server versions is 7.0..although the driver which implements
protocol version 4.2 do work with version 7/2000 ..iam having certain
issues and maybe having a driver that implements version 7.0 of Tds
protocol may help. The issues that I face are :
1) If column name is > 30 characters long..they get chopped off after 30
characters.
2) Can't display data of type Globally Unique Identifier (GUID)

Any ideas?
-Thanks,
Sunjit

  • freetds jdbc driver implementing Tds protocol version 7.0, Sunjit, 08/06/2002