freetds - RE: Progress on convert.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Progress on convert.
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:05:50 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> thought I'd keep you posted on progress...
>
> I've reworked the convert functions along the lines we
> discussed. I've got
> everything working as far as it is possible for me to test:
>
> dblib conversions from character to various datatypes and
> vice versa: I've
> tested this with freebcp importing and exporting a character
> based file.
>
> ctlib converions from various datatypes to character: tested
> using sqsh.

Try conversions from text field to char/varchar.

> I've spent most of today reintegrating my changes with the
> latest snap.
> All seems fine now. This puts us in a good position for the
> final assault
> I believe.
>
> I still believe that there's some work to do on
> tds_client_msg() - Brian
> has hinted that his big patch is not yet complete. It still
> seems to me
> that tds_client_msg requires a TDSSOCKET parameter, which I
> don't have in
> all circumstances, I dont think . Could Brian confirm this view ?

TDSMSGINFO is not initialized correctly, perhaps need also reset before
tds_client_msg() exit and removed from other position?
Is msg_info field needed anymore in TDSSOCKET ?

> Nevertheless , I'm identifying all the places in tds_convert() where I
> reckon we would need a client message to be issued, and putting some
> placeholder code in there.
>
> Other (paid) work now beckons for the remainder of today.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bill

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."