freetds - Progress on convert.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Progress on convert.
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:10:51 -0400

Hi all,

thought I'd keep you posted on progress...

I've reworked the convert functions along the lines we discussed. I've got
everything working as far as it is possible for me to test:

dblib conversions from character to various datatypes and vice versa: I've
tested this with freebcp importing and exporting a character based file.

ctlib converions from various datatypes to character: tested using sqsh.

I've spent most of today reintegrating my changes with the latest snap.
All seems fine now. This puts us in a good position for the final assault
I believe.

I still believe that there's some work to do on tds_client_msg() - Brian
has hinted that his big patch is not yet complete. It still seems to me
that tds_client_msg requires a TDSSOCKET parameter, which I don't have in
all circumstances, I dont think . Could Brian confirm this view ?

Nevertheless , I'm identifying all the places in tds_convert() where I
reckon we would need a client message to be issued, and putting some
placeholder code in there.

Other (paid) work now beckons for the remainder of today.

Best wishes,

Bill