freetds - changes overnight

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: changes overnight
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:07:05 -0400

Brian's massive changes went in on the 14th, my little ones on the 15th.

Putting the Hamlet-like controversy to rest, I checked in
tds_willconvert.h. Frediano, you're right in principle, but I couldn't
figure out a way to satisfy my criteria. Even though this file is
generated with Perl, it won't be regenerated often, perhaps not ever.
Adding sufficient intelligence to the auto* tools inputs would have made
the project even harder to maintain than placing some notes in convert.c
on how (and why) to regenerate the file.

Top of change log follows.

--jkl

Tue Jul 16 01:16:29 EDT 2002 JK Lowden <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
+ src/tds/tds_willconvert.h added, to support dbwillconvert
+ src/tds/convert.c slightly modified to insert comments in
tds_willconvert.h
+ src/ctlib/ctutil.c, rename call to tds_reset_msg to
tds_reset_msg_info

Mon Jul 15 03:29:58 EDT 2002 Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
implemented TDSCONTEXT changes for message handling, affecting:
+ include/cspublic.h
+ include/tdsconvert.h
+ include/tdsodbc.h
+ src/ctlib/ct.c
+ src/odbc/convert_sql2string.c
+ src/odbc/convert_sql2string.h
+ src/odbc/convert_tds2sql.c
+ src/odbc/convert_tds2sql.h
+ src/odbc/odbc.c
+ src/odbc/odbc_util.c
+ src/odbc/prepare_query.c
+ src/server/login.c
+ src/tds/convert.c
+ src/tds/login.c
+ src/tds/mem.c
+ src/tds/query.c
+ src/tds/read.c
+ src/tds/write.c
+ src/tds/unittests/common.c
Sun Jul 14 23:25:21 EDT 2002 Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
+src/tds/mem.c: added tds_alloc_context/free_context
*src/tds/token.c: call handlers with context param
*src/dblib/dbutil.c: pass context to handler
*src/dblib/dblib.c(dbinit): allocate context
*src/ctlib/ctutil.c: pass context to handler
*src/ctlib/ctlib.c(ct_init): allocate context