freetds - RE: big changes, conversion fixes, and tds_willconv ert

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: big changes, conversion fixes, and tds_willconv ert
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:20:58 -0400

Bill,

Do this:

cd src/tds/; perl -x convert.c >tds_willconvert.h

or use

http://www.schemamania.org/freetds/cvs/freetds/src/tds/tds_willconvert.h

Frediano posted a patch and an objection. The patch makes tds_willconvert.h
a target in the tds/Makefile (using Perl to create it). When I said I'd
check in tds_willconvert.h, the objection was, why check in generated files?

I'm going to test Frediano's Makefile.am patch for these properties:

* generates tds_willconvert.h if not present
* puts tds_willconvert.h in the distribution tarball
* does not delete tds_willconvert.h on "make clean"
* deletes tds_willconvert.h on "make distclean"

If it works that way or could be made to, I'll use it. Otherwise, I'll
check in tds_willconvert.h.

This way, CVS users are expected to have Perl, and tarballers are not.

--jkl

  • RE: big changes, conversion fixes, and tds_willconv ert, Lowden, James K, 07/15/2002