freetds - RE: big changes, conversion fixes, and tds_willconv ert

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: big changes, conversion fixes, and tds_willconv ert
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:05:30 +0200

> [snip]
> > I think this is not good. context mantain information per
> library, msg_info
> > is not per library (but can be per socket). First strange
> thing I note in
> > patch was msg_info in TDSCONTEXT.
>
> actually some (client) messages can be per context...I'm
> leaning towards
> tds_client_msg() having this as an automatic variable. Don't pay any
> attention to the man behind the curtain, this patch is not
> complete yet.
>
> > Perhaps best solution is to pass to libraries two parameters
> > message(TDSSOCKET* ,TDSMSGINFO*), (TDSCONTEXT can be retrieved from
> > TDSSOKET). Added library information per socket can be retrieved by
> > tds_socket->parent.
>
> Unless you have a NULL tdssocket, which is the entire reason for this
> patch going in.

As stated in previous post TDSCONTEXT is also required, yes..
I still think adding another parameter is the best solution. Adding msg_info
to TDSCONTEXT have many thread penalty (you should lock context until client
read message...)

> > - tds all work (I have also written some fix for problem
> deleted unexisting
> > table or other see patch #580272)
>
> Is this a big deal? It's been that way forever, and just
> generates a not
> found message which is summarily ignored by the unittest.
> I'll slate it
> for 0.61

It can wait. Simply if someone delete table before executing "make check"
checks fails. Using #-prefixed table solve this problem (supported in both
sybase and mssql)
Also simply ignoring error deleting table solve problem...

> brian

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."