freetds - 0.53 and PHP 4.2.1 not returning results

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "KBDRand" <kbdrand AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: 0.53 and PHP 4.2.1 not returning results
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:31:39 -0400

I'm running Apache 2.0.36 with PHP 4.2.1 and FreeTDS 0.53. I am connecting
to a MS SQL 7.0 server and the connection works fine. I can connect, and I
can use mssql_select_db to pick my database, but once I try and run a
query it just stops the script execution. I never get any values returned.
I've compiled FreeTDS with the 7.0 version, and I'm putting the
Environment Variables in my PHP script with ver 7.0 as well.
I would love to view the documentation on freetds.org but every time I try
to access that information it throws up a 'You are not authorized
message.'.

I've had the MS DBA take a look at hte logs from my query and the query is
actually returning to my box, but I guess FreeTDS is not returning the
data for some reason.

Please help! My next step will be to move this code over to a Windows box,
which I would like to avoid if at all possible.