freetds - Re: redhat 7.2 and freetds install

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andre Costa <brblueser AT uol.com.br>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: dsl AT drc.dk
  • Subject: Re: redhat 7.2 and freetds install
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:57:48 -0300

James is probably right. I had to do it with PHP on my RH 7.1 -- prebuilt
binaries lack the --with-sybase option (you can check it with a simple PHP
script)

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

You basically have two options:

[1] download and install the source-RPM (SRPM) for PHP, tweak
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/php.spec to add --with-sybase=/usr/local/freetds
(assuming you installed FreeTDS there) to the ./configure set of options
and make a

rpm -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/php.spec

(WARNING: compiling from source might depend on a series of *-devel RPMS
to be installed)

[2] give up RPM installation and go for the tarball. It's not exaclty
"advisable" to mess up a RPM-based system with direct tarball
installations, but in my case it was the only way to install PHP 4.2.1
exactly the way I want it (unless you're in for heavy SPEC file tweaking).

Remember: 'man rpm' is your friend ;)

HTH

Best,

Andre