freetds - RE: still java problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "mirage 2101" <mirage2101 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: still java problem
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:42:15 +0000

no problem,
i've talked to a few ppl and we went through the options with all the pro's and con's.
we decided to take a bit extra time and implement this with seperate rows cause otherwise we might walk into size problems with our socketlib in other applications.

(by the way the java part of freeTDS is a bit quiet it seems, howcome?
i mean using the sun jdbc driver will make anything you build way too expensive and freeTDS works fine as far as i've seen)

Marc

Ah. I'm probably no use to you. You're using one of the FreeTDS Java
libraries, about which I know nothing. You said you were looking "in >the
freeTDS code", and I thought that might mean you were using the C >libraries
from Java, perhaps struggling with libtds.

(if i read your reply correctly, are you implying i'd be able
to gather all the rows
in a byte array if thats more convenient than the normal resultset?)

No, well, maybe. I wasn't implying anything, nothing profound. I >meant
there's no TDS reason -- nothing in the protocol -- to prevent you from
reading rows and putting them anywhere you like, including into your
application's notion of a collection object. Sorry to mislead you.