freetds - RE: still java problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marc Schouten <m.schouten AT itsec.nl>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: still java problem
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:37:40 +0200

Java 2.0

i'm using a socketlibrary with commando's wich were developed internally here.
it's pretty easy to send Strings ints and bytearrays, but nothing else..
so unless i want to deal with a loose bunch of rows al sent seperately i'll
have to
find a way to sent the resultset as a whole.
and i'm not too keen on sending all rows seperately considering the
management coming
with it.

situation is as follows, clients connect to a dbcom server.
the dbcom server executes sql commands and other database commands, and then
returns
the resultset to the respective client.
and it's the last part i'm getting a bit stuck at...

(if i read your reply correctly, are you implying i'd be able to gather all
the rows
in a byte array if thats more convenient than the normal resultset?)

Marc