freetds - Re: PHP calling Stored Proc on MS-SQL 7 params bein g missinterpreted as dates

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Burgess, Trevor - HMS" <Trevor.Burgess AT haysdx.co.uk>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PHP calling Stored Proc on MS-SQL 7 params bein g missinterpreted as dates
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:19:26 +0100

Thanks for your response,

The script runs perfectly on a windows/apache/php combo and the sp has been
used for the last 3 years by the paper reports. The @Item varchar(30) is
never compared to a date although dates figure heavily in the sp.

I have tried a script that contains parameters but no dates whatsoever and
that works.

Here is my little test:
<?php
if(!mssql_connect("SERVER1","wwwuser","XXXXXX")) die("Cannot Connect to
Server");
if(!mssql_select_db("WMS")) die("Cannot connect to Database");
$sql = "EXEC ap_TEST";
if(!$r = mssql_query($sql)) die("Error executing query");
print "Rows: ".mssql_num_rows($r);
$rowcount = 0;
$h = "";
while($row = mssql_fetch_array($r))
{ print $row[0]."<br>"; }
?>
for the sp.

CREATE PROCEDURE ap_TEST AS
SELECT cCustomerID FROM SalesOrderHeader WHERE dtDeliveryDate =
'20/6/2002'

This fails too with the same error message.

Thanks

Trevor