freetds - "freebcp" testing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: "freebcp" testing
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 04:52:47 -0400

Hi all,

Has anyone other than myself done any testing on the bcp software now in
freetds. I am conscious that the configurations I have tested this against
are limited, notably Sun Solaris 2.6 client to Sybase 11 server and SQL
2000 server.

Any feedback (positive or negative) much appreciated....

Bill

btw I found one small issue, but the fix for that is committed in the
latest snapshot. The symptoms of this were that freebcp erroneously put
out the "usage" message even when the command line parameters were
correct.

A user guide to freebcp will follow shortly...

  • "freebcp" testing, Bill Thompson, 06/14/2002