freetds - RE: standard file locations (was: UG clarification)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sam Denton <denton AT wantec.com>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: standard file locations (was: UG clarification)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:30:59 -0500

Following the standards is something I can agree to, on a per-platform
basis. The standard for Solaris is:

/opt/freetds - Static data, including binaries, that can potentially be
mounted Read-Only and/or shared between systems.
/etc/opt/freetds - Configuration information for freetds, especially which
is specific to a system.
/var/opt/freetds - Various files associated with freetds that potentially
can grow without limit.

I've seen somewhere a document (or maybe a config script) that documented
this for multiple platforms. IIRC, it also had advice for distinguishing
between different flavors of Linux (Redhat, Debian, etc).

Feel free to ignore this advice.

Sam Denton, WAN Technologies, Inc.
(314) 428-0888 / (800) 926-7771 Main Office