freetds - patches committed, changes afoot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: patches committed, changes afoot
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:01:15 -0400

All,

Many hands make light work. Unless you're the guys applying the patches,
that is. Many changes went into CVS this weekend, while you were out
enjoying the sunshine.

There are two new utilities: freebcp, and tsql (a small isql that runs on
over tds).

Bill Thompson's very fine datetime work went in this weekend, as well as
Viktar's odbc work. Then, in a burst of optimism, I stood on Bill's
shoulders and re-introduced locale support. Pending documentation, it
will soon be possible to have complete control of your datetime->string
conversions, default and otherwise.

N.B. There is at least one error in the conversions: I think we output
ascii when nvarchar is requested. More iconv work is needed.

Nevertheless, we approach a 0.60 release.

It's time to re-compile the bug-and-issue list, and see if anything needs
fixing for the release. Also, needless to say, the CVS version (and
snapshot) is very different lately from 0.53. If you're a list reader (as
you must be) and are intending to upgrade sooner or later, this would be a
good time to try (and, if need be, complain about) what's in CVS.

I'm going to work on the bug-and-issue list, but feel free to give voice
to your favorite complaint now, as now's the time that tries bugs' souls.

Regards,