freetds - RE: core dump w/php, imap & freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Casey Letzia" <casey AT creditguard.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: core dump w/php, imap & freetds
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:31:59 -0400

James,

Many thanks. Your advise was dead on! I downloaded the snapshot and
compiled it, didn't export SYBASE (so FreeTds would look at freetds.conf,
so logging could be turned on, as I couldn't figure out how to do it using
the interfaces file), and sure enough I got "DB Library Login Failed"
I checked the log which was crying about an "IP Address NULL Pointer"
which led me to recheck the etc/hosts file. After adding the connection
name from freetds.conf, everything worked.

I must admit with great embarassment that I have not "squashed" this box,
all advice to the contrary. I downloaded it, but it seemed beyond my skill
set at the time.

Best Regards,

Casey